A pub classic and a must-have on bar, late night and appetizer/starter menus everywhere! Our spicy beer cheese fondue is crafted with complimentary creamy citrus notes of Blue Moon Belgian White Ale, then perfectly paired with the sweet, nutty flavors of cheddar and gruyere will have your guests "crawling" in for you perfect pub fondue!
- Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat, then sprinkle with flour and seasonings.
- Cook and stir 1 minute, then slowly whisk in milk and beer until smooth.
- Stirring constantly, cook 5 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken.
- Gradually whisk in cheeses until melted and smooth.
- Transfer cheese mixture to warm fondue pot or slow cooker to keep warm, if desired.
This recipe makes 16 servings.
Serve with assorted dippers, such as cubed/sliced crusty bread, cut-up fresh/raw vegetables, pretzel, chips, crackers or even your in-house made tortilla chips, potato chips and wedges!
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: North American
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes: 20 mins prep/10 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 150
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Protein: 6 g