Fall for the new flavors of cauliflower as Chef Daniel Huber, Chef of The Buddha Boys, in Edmonton, Canada, couples his roasted veggie creation with Lawry's Spricy Buffalo Wings Seasoning Mix. Succulently spiced by McCormick garlic powder, celery salt and ground oregano, this dish is the best way to heat up your menu.
For the Roasted Garlic and Oregano Lime Dip:
- Add all roasted garlic and oregano lime dip ingredients to mixing bowl and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate and let rest for 2 hours.
For the Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl, mix canola oil with Lawry's Spicy Buffalo Wings Seasoning Mix until dissolved.
- Add cauliflower florets and toss until evenly coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and put in the oven.
- Roast until tender to the bite. Set aside to cool.
For the Pigeon Pea and Garbanzo Bean Batter:
- Meanwhile, sift together the chickpea flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and seasoning.
- Whisk in the warm water until blended smoothly.
- Add the blended pigeon peas into the batter; adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Heat deep fryer oil to a temperature between 360F-375F. (Test oil with a spoonful of batter into heated fryer oil.)
- Batter roasted cauliflower and fry for 2-3 minutes depending on size.
- Drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Continue to cook in batches.
- Plate and serve with dip.
Slice the garlic tops off (reserve for later use), place in water bath in shallow insert, top with a pat of butter (this helps the caramelization process), cover with foil and roast for at least one hour in 350F oven. Remove, cool and squeeze with hand to extract whole cloves.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: North American