- Quarter the ginger into chunks for processing. Cut the scallion into 1" lengths. With a vegetable peeler, trim off the lemon zest (just the yellow part). Halve the lemon and squeeze out 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Combine the ginger, scallion, lemon zest, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and chop finely. Add the lemon juice, cilantro, coconut milk, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and salt. Whiz until everything is finely chopped.
- Pour the mixture into a container for marinating. Add the chicken and coat well with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Prepare a grill for direct cooking.
- Drain off excess marinade from the chicken. Discard remaining marinade. Grill the chicken on both sides over direct medium-high heat, flipping halfway through, until the meat is firm and opaque in the center.
Try this recipe using whole, bone-in chicken pieces instead of wings.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 950
- Sodium: 670 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 82 g