Shrimp are America's favorite crustaceans and we've taking these tasty tails and turned them into a full-flavored, light and refreshing appetizer that's super quick to cook and serve to order. Our fresh pineapple glaze gets a fascinating, complex flavor from the addition of Grill Mates Mojito Lime Seasoning and the subtly sweet mustard, vinegar and smoke characteristics of Cattlemen's Carolina Tangy Gold BBQ Sauce.
For the Kabob Assembly & Grilling:
- Toss mango pieces with brown sugar.
- Skewer a shrimp, a mango piece, a scallion and a second shrimp onto each kabob.
- Spray kabobs and lightly season with Grill Mates Mojito Lime Seasoning.
- On a hot grill, cook kabobs for just a few minutes on each side. (6-8 minutes total)
For Plating, Garnish & Serving:
- For each order, brush each of the 5 kabobs with 1 teaspoon of the Tropics Glaze RECIPE >>
- Serve 1/4 cup of the remaining sauce in a souffle cup with each order and garnish with lime wedge and mint sprig.
Soak bamboo skewers in water for a few hours before preparing and grilling them. The water helps prevent kabobs from burning on the grill.
The glaze is designed to be used as a dip or final dipping sauce. If glaze is to be used as a marinade, the raw pineapple should be cooked so the enzyme Bromelain doesn't digest or break down the delicate shrimp.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 36-38 minutes: 30 mins prep & 6-8 mins cook
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 430
- Sodium: 2840 mg
- Carbohydrates: 56 g
- Protein: 43 g