With a squeeze of raw sugar cane syrup and mouth-watering coconut foam infused with Thai Kitchen® Coconut Milk, you’ll never want your white rum the old-fashioned way ever again. Complete this complex yet crown-worthy cocktail with drops of vanilla, coffee and cocoa bitter plus pineapple juice, pineapple beer and your choice of coconut water.
For the cocktail:
- Mix rum, bitters, beer, juice, coconut water, white sugar, and vanilla extract in a jar and let it rest in a cooler overnight.
For the coconut foam:
- Mix coconut milk, condensed milk, coconut cream, and frozen coconut pulp in a pot at low heat.
- While stirring, add the gelatin sheets and mix well, then blend, strain and pour into the siphon.
- Close the siphon, add the chargers and let it rest in a cooler overnight.
To assemble the cocktail:
- Put the foam into the shaker (1/2 of the shaker) and add pineapple juice and ice as needed.
- Shake very well and pour into the cocktail glass.
- Add the raw sugar cane syrup and tajín or chile de árbol to the edge of the glass.
- Add a pinch of salt and green matcha tea on top of the cocktail.
When preparing the coconut foam for this cocktail, first soak gelatin in ice water until malleable. Meanwhile combine coconut milk, condensed milk, coconut cream, and gelatin once malleable in a pot at low heat (under 122°F) then blend, strain, and pour into the siphon. Place gasket in siphon, screw top and insert charger. Turn siphon upside down, add charger and tighten until it hisses. Then turn siphon upright and refrigerate overnight for use.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: Contemporary American