Holy guacamole! Just wait until you taste this great appetizer from Harlem Chef Raymond Zamanta Mohan. A delectable Johhny Cake consisting of flour, baking powder, scallions, McCormick Culinary Cinnamon Sugar and Mediterranean Fine Grind Sea Salt, serve this feature to your favorite clientele with cinnamon butter, grilled sweet plantain and, of course, guacamole!
For the Johnny Cakes:
- Combine all the ingredients and slowly mix in 1 cup of water to make dough consistent.
- Knead the dough and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Portion the dough into 4 balls; let rest and cover.
- Roll the dough into 4 inches in diameter.
- Fry in the deep fryer at 350F for 1-2 minutes.
For the Cinnamon Butter:
- Mix together and reserve for later use.
For the Grilled Sweet Plantains:
- Cut 1 fresh sweet plantain on the bias, 1/2 inch thick.
- Grill the plantain on medium, heating both sides for 2 minutes each side then baste with Stubb's Smokey Mesquite Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce.
For the Guacamole:
- Mash all the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle with Perfect Pinch Signature Seasoning.
- Cut open the Johnny Cakes and place on plates.
- Spread on cinnamon sugar butter.
- Place guacamole on the Johnny Cakes.
- Top it off with grilled sweet plantains.
Cinnamon butter is great for bruncheon menu items such as waffles, pancakes and biscuits, even on sweet potato homefries!
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: America