A duo of fruit and veggie pureed sauces complements ancho-spiced shrimp and a farro salad in this fresh and colorful recipe. The vegetable puree is made from roasted corn, carrots, and chicken stock, while the savory fruit puree features sour apple, plum, and oregano.
For the puree:
- Toss corn, carrots, and 2 teaspoons oil in medium bowl. Spread on large baking sheet. Roast in preheated 425ºF oven 20 minutes or until vegetables are golden brown and tender. Place vegetables, chicken stock, 2 tablespoons honey, 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Set aside and keep warm.
For the sauce:
- Place plum, apples, pomegranate juice, 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, and cumin in separate blender container; cover. Blend on high speed 4 minutes or until smooth and dark in color. Set aside.
For the salad:
- Cook farro as directed on package. Mix vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon ancho chile pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon sea salt in large bowl until well blended. Add warm cooked farro; toss to coat well. Add bell pepper, queso fresco, green onions, and parsley; toss well. Set aside.
For the shrimp:
- Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile pepper, and sea salt in large bowl until well blended. Add shrimp; toss to coat well. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink and are seared.
For the main recipe:
- Spoon Roasted Corn Puree onto 1 side of each dinner plate. Drizzle with Plum Sauce. Place Farro Salad in a mound on other side of plate. Top farro with shrimp.
- Recipe type: Breakfast
- Prep time: 50 minutes
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 395 cal
- Sodium: 899 mg
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Protein: 27 g