Say goodbye to your typical ice cream and say “hurray!” for granita! Whisk away as you mix Thai Kitchen’s® ever-refreshing coconut milk with ingredients like lime zest, peppercorn melange and mangosteen puree for a scrumptious coconut-style granita. For a traditional-feeling topping with a McCormick® twist, we’ve included how to prepare a perfectly pairable topping, candied black pepper almonds. Spoons up!
For the Coconut Mangosteen Granita Base:
- Heat water, sugar, corn syrup, salt and peppercorn melange until sugar is dissolved and mixture comes to a simmer.
- Turn off heat, pour mixture into a heat safe bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk in the Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk, lime zest and mangosteen puree.
- Let cool in your refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
For Freezing the Coconut Mangosteen Granita:
- Use a metal dish or pan that will give you at least two inches of space from the top once you pour your granita base into it. Allow to freeze for 4 hours.
- Using a fork, scrape the base blending the frozen the bits. For every hour after, pull granita from freezer and scrape with a fork. As it freezes, it will get nice and icy but still remain creamy.
For the Candied Black Pepper Almonds Topping:
- Toss all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Lay on a lightly sprayed sheet tray and bake at 325 F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, put the nuts into a Ziploc bag. Using the bottom of a heavy pot, or rolling pin, lightly press down on top of the nuts to break up.
- Set aside for serving.
- Scoop granita into individual bowls and top with candied black pepper almonds.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: America