A tropical and tasty twist on a classic, this bread pudding is all the rave!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9x9 baking pan. In a medium bowl whisk together coconut milk, eggs, sugar, extracts and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together the bread cubes, pineapple and 1 cup of toasted coconut. Pour egg mixture over the bread cubes and gently toss until all bread is covered in egg mixture. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours to allow bread to soak up egg mixture.
- Pour soaked bread mixture into greased pan. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until the custard has set.
- Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack.
- Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut.
Add some rum extract to whipped cream as an additional topper.
Make a simple caramel sauce with rum and sugar.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: Contemporary American