Inspired by rustic French cuisine, this dish is a celebration of big flavor. Rub sea bass in a smoky, sweet Basque mix of spices, herbs and Espelette pepper, then cook on a sizzlin’ hot plancha grill surface. Serve alongside a robust ratatouille of squash, eggplant, bell pepper, and tomatoes.
- Place all of the vegetables, except tomatoes, in large bowl with 3 tablespoons olive oil; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle vegetables with 1 tablespoon Basque rub and sea salt; toss gently to coat. Set aside. Place 3/4 cup of the tomatoes in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat plancha (flat cast-iron griddle) on grill over medium-high heat. Brush plancha lightly with additional olive oil. Place seasoned vegetables on the plancha. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or until nicely charred and tender-crisp, turning occasionally. Add the pureed tomatoes and remaining diced tomatoes to the vegetables on the plancha; cook and stir until heated through. Remove vegetables from plancha. Keep warm. Reduce heat to medium.
- Season both sides of fish with remaining 1 tablespoon Basque rub. Brush plancha lightly with more oil. Place fish on plancha. Cook on medium heat until fish is lightly charred and flakes easily with a fork.
Serve fish with plancha grilled vegetables. Garnish with parsley. Visit http://mccormickforchefs.com/Recipes/B/Basque-Inspired-Rub-with-Espelette-Pepper for Basque-Inspired Rub with Espelette Pepper recipe.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 240 cal
- Sodium: 367 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 24 g