Before the devil went down to Georgia, he made a pit stop at Impasto, home of Executive Chef Michele Forgione, raising the hot-as-heck recipe that is his Devil's Style Chicken. Set ablaze with the seasonings of McCormick Culinary® Ground Oregano and Italian Seasoning, all five senses will be saying ten hail Mary’s as they pray for more of this piquant peppered chicken.
For the Marinade:
- In a small jar, combine the white wine vinegar with ground oregano. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Strain the oregano-infused vinegar into a small bowl and stir in the olive oil.
- Set the chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle all but 2 tbsp of the vinegar-oil mixture over both sides of the chicken and rub the mixture into the meat.
- In a sous vide bag, combine Italian seasoning with the kosher salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper, and add the chicken. Rub the seasoning all over the chicken thighs. Let the seasoned chicken thighs refrigerate overnight.
For the Chicken:
- Cook the chicken sous vide to 155°F for 2 hours then remove from bag and pat dry.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet and refrigerate. Before service, drizzle canola oil on plancha grill and sear chicken.
- Lay parchment paper over the chicken and weigh it down with a heavy pan to ensure crispness. Flip and repeat.
- Sprinkle chicken with Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and plate with roasted root vegetables.
Before service, drizzle canola oil on plancha grill and sear chicken. Lay parchment paper over the chicken and weigh it down with a heavy pan to ensure crispness. Flip and repeat for extra crispy chicken.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America