Electrify your menu selection with Salt and Saffron’s Executive Chef Matt Tulpa's Eel A La Plancha. Coated with an enjoyable spicy blend of McCormick Culinary® Smoked Paprika and Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning, this swimmingly-seared eel filet comes garnished with mustard greens and sherry-mustard seed vinaigrette is a must-try this summer season.
For the Brown Sugar Romesco:
- Blend all romesco ingredients. Coat the eel with the romesco and let sit for at least one hour.
For the Sherry-Mustard Seed Vinaigrette:
- Add the mustard seed to a pot and add enough cold water to cover. Bring the pot to a boil and strain. Repeat this process 4 more times. Add the sugar, Dijon mustard, and sherry vinegar to a mixing bowl and whisk. Stream in the oil to form an emulsification with the vinegar mixture.
- Season with salt and add mustard seed.
For the Eel:
- On a plancha add a thin layer of oil. Remove the eel from the romesco and wipe off any excess sauce. Sear the eel on both sides until cooked through.
- In a sauce pot, heat the romesco sauce. Place a dollop (2 tablespoons) of romesco on the plate. Place the seared eel on the romesco, pressing down so it lays flat. Spoon the sherry-mustard seed vinaigrette (1 tablespoons) next to the fish to form a small pool of sauce. Garnish with 3-5 various mustard greens.