Similar with Cajun jambalaya, this is a West African one pot rice with lots of flavor and heat!
- Toss diced chicken with 1/2 tsp. garlic, 1/2 tsp. ginger paste, 1/4 tsp. salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper. Let sit 10 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of oil over medium high heat. In batches, brown chicken on all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil, saute peppers and onions until soft, about 4-6 minutes. Add remaining garlic, ginger, and salt. Add curry powder, thyme, cinnamon, chili paste, and tomato paste. Fry mixture for 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
- Add browned chicken, stock, puree, rice, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add frozen carrots and peas, cover and simmer for an additional 15 minutes.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: African
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 450
- Sodium: 890
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Protein: 35
- Fiber: 5