A rustic rice dish, complete with crispy socarratthe signature of good paella.
- Sauté the chorizo sausage until brown. Set aside. Sauté chicken until fully brown. Set aside. Add rice and cook until fragrant.
- Add the amount of water as directed on package and cook over the flame until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Place peas, tomatoes, and shrimp on top of the rice. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until shrimp is pink and cooked through. Turn off flame, and allow rice to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, be sure to scoop from the bottom, because that is where the crispy socarrat will be. It should be lightly browned, but not dark.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Cajun and Creole