Nobody ever forgets their Nashville experience and now you can recreate it from your restaurant kitchen with this smokin’ new recipe from Tennessee’s Chef Charles Hunter III. Your taste buds will be singing as you savor grilled chicken marinaded in the succulent mix of olive oil, red wine vinegar, OLD BAY Crab Cake Classics and Crushed Red Pepper. Served atop a charred tomato salad with sliced avocado, garnish your delicious Southern dish with some squeezed lemon for a stage-worthy finish.
For the marinade:
- Combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, OLD BAY Crab Cake Classics Seasoning and Crushed Red Pepper together in a large bowl and whisk until a temporary emulsion forms.
- Divide marinade into two bowls. Toss the chicken in the marinade until everything is evenly coated in one bowl. Toss the vegetables in the marinade until everything is evenly coated in the second bowl.
For the main dish:
- Preheat grill to 375 to 425 degrees.
- Place chicken on grill and allow it to reach an internal temperature of 165. Remove and allow to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Place vegetables on grill spacing them evenly across the grate. Check for char on your vegetables and remove them within 3-4 minutes once they become limp.
- Remove lemon halves when they easily give with a little pressure from tongs and set aside.
- Rotate the poblano pepper until charred on 2 of 3 sides, remove it and let rest for 3 minutes. Peel the outer skin off, de-seed and dice medium.
- Slice your chicken on a bias and lay across the plate, weaving your vegetables in and out of the chicken. Set sliced avocado next to or on top of the chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle chopped or torn mint leaves over the the dish. To finish squeeze lemon over the dish.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: Southern American