This inspired no-cook preparation for summer squash gets bold flavor from a drizzle of Thai-style vinaigrette and a sprinkle of crisp pancetta. For effortless, paper-thin squash ribbons, use a vegetable peeler.
For the vinaigrette:
- For the vinaigrette, mix first 6 ingredients in small bowl until well blended. Set aside.
For the main recipe:
- Cook pancetta in medium sauté pan on medium heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Crumble into large pieces. Set aside.
- Trim squash ends. Slice into ribbons with vegetable peeler or mandolin. Place squash ribbons and tomatoes on serving platter. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with pancetta. Serve immediately.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 140
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Protein: 7 g