Sambal is a versatile Southeast Asian chile sauce used to season stir-fries, noodles, eggs, meat, seafood, and vegetables. It is also enjoyed as a sweet, sour and spicy table condiment. This fresh version accentuates the bright flavor of the chilies and can be prepared in 15 minutes or less.
- Place all ingredients, except oil, in food processor or blender container; cover. Process until coarsely chopped.
- Heat oil in small saucepan on low heat. Add the sambal puree; cook 15 minutes or until fragrant and oil floats to the top, stirring occasionally.
- Store in clean, tightly covered container or jar in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Use Fresh Sambal Sauce to prepare Sambal Noodles with Shrimp and Chinese Broccoli.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: South Asian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 15 cal
- Sodium: 340 mg
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 1 g