Make sea salt into the ultimate Asian finishing flavor by adding pickled ginger, rice wine vinegar, green tea leaves, and crushed red pepper. Sprinkle over rice, noodle soups, chicken, and fish dishes.
- Pat dry ginger slices with paper towels. Place ginger on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated 275ºF oven 45 to 60 minutes or until ginger is dried. Cool slightly then coarsely chop.
- Cook vinegar in medium non-stick skillet on medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced to 1 tablespoon. Add sea salt; cook and stir 5 minutes or until sea salt is dried.
- Mix sea salt, chopped ginger, green tea, and red pepper in small bowl until well blended. Store in tightly covered jar in cool, dry place. If needed, break up any clumps before using.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: Asian
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 0 g
- Sodium: 326 mg
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g