Quick curing your own egg yolks is as easy as it looks. Soaked in soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger, cured egg yolks are ready to enjoy in about 6 hours as part of our Gado Gado Salad with shrimp toast. Just gently prick the yolk with a folk and let it run into the salad.
- Mix soy sauce and spices in medium bowl.
- Carefully add yolks into the bowl. Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours for a runny yolk or longer for more firm yolk.
Egg Safety and Handling
- Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness. Wash hands with soap and warm water before handling eggs and at every step of egg preparation
Use Soy Sauce Cured Egg Yolks to prepare Indonesian Gado Gado Salad with Soy Ginger Cured Egg Yolk & Shrimp Toast.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 61 cal
- Sodium: 146 mg
- Carbohydrates: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g