This rich and creamy vegetable dish is accented traditionally by nutmeg. The addition of vanilla amplifies the rich sensation of the fondue and the natural sweetness of the sunchokes.
- For the roasted sunchokes: preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine sunchokes with oil and Lawry's Garlic Salt Coarse Grind with Parsley. Toss to coat.
- Line a sheet tray with aluminum foil. Spread sunchokes evenly and roast in oven for 20 minutes or until golden in color and fork tender.
- Remove from oven and hold hot.
- For the leek fondue: in a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add leeks and shallots and sweat until translucent.
- Dust pan with flour and stir to combine. Cook mixture until just starting to color.
- Whisk in wine and milk, bring to a boil, whisking often to prevent clumping. Reduce to a simmer.
- Add vanilla, nutmeg and pepper. Stir to combine. Add cheese and stir to melt. Adjust seasoning and remove from heat.
- To assemble: place 2 ounces of sauce on plate; top with sunchokes; garnish with fresh chives or fresh tarragon.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: European