Turmeric: View Story
Did You Know?
Fun Fact #1Turmeric is part of the ginger family, which explains the similar aroma and look of the root.
Fun Fact #2Turmeric has a pungent, slightly bitter flavor—a mix between ginger and pepper
Fun Fact #3Turmeric is named for where it is exported and classified by the percentage curcumin.
OUR TURMERIC SOURCING STORY
- We have sourced from our partner in India for over 20 years
- We source Alleppey turmeric
- Most of our turmeric comes from the Kerala and Orissa regions
- Turmeric is planted once per year, typically in May or June
- Grows for about 8 months on average before harvest
- Direct supply chain from source location to grinding and bottling