- Together We Flavor
- Our Difference
- Find Sales Rep
- Where to buy
Zatarain's Red Bean Seasoning Mix is a premium blend of flavorful spices that makes the perfect, traditional New Orleans dish. Specially made for chefs to inspire extraordinary menus and deliver consistent recipes. Add to your red beans, sausage, and rice for a delicious dish. Zatarain's® Red Bean Seasoning Mix gives traditional red beans superior flavor: Menu Suggestions: Prep Instructions: Storage:
• Zatarain’s Red Bean Seasoning Mix features a perfect blend of premium ingredients including red and green bell peppers, red pepper, paprika and garlic to bring the festive, fun flavors and authenticity of Louisiana-style cooking to your kitchen.
• Zatarain’s Red Bean Seasoning Mix is kosher.
• As the nation’s leading provider of New Orleans-style foods, Zatarain’s has been the authority on New Orleans flavor since 1889.
• There are 6/1 lb. boxes per case. Our 1 lb. box is a convenient size and the perfect amount of seasoning for creating and customizing recipes as desired.
• Simply add beans and smoked sausage to Zatarain’s Red Bean Seasoning Mix for a traditional application. Or, give chili, rice or tortilla soup a creole twist of superior flavor.
Zatarain's® Red Bean Seasoning Mix makes for perfectly seasoned beans that come alive when:
• Creating red beans and sausage soup with smoked sausage
• Mixed with long grain rice to create authentic Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
• Added to beef chili with diced tomatoes, onions and celery
• Blended with hot pepper sauce, sliced green onions, chow-chow and pickled white onions as a festive side
Bring the authentic flavors of New Orleans-style cooking to your tables with Zatarain’s Red Bean Seasoning Mix. Follow these steps:
1. Wash and inspect 6 lbs. of beans—remove all foreign materials.
2. To large cooking container, add 40 cups water (2 ½ Gals) and cleaned beans.
3. Bring water and beans to a rolling boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 45 minutes.
4. Thoroughly mix contents of seasoning package into 6 cups cold water and then add to beans with continuous stirring.
5. Add 6 lbs. smoked sausage to bean and seasoning mixture.
6. Return mixture to boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 2-3 hours or until bean are cooked. Stir occasionally, scraping pan bottom to avoid scorching.
7. Serve as a side dish or an entrée over bed of steamed rice.
To maintain the freshest flavor and color, Zatarain's® Red Bean Seasoning Mix should be stored in a cool, dry place away from exposure to heat, humidity, moisture, direct sunlight and fluorescent light. Unopened Zatarain's® Red Bean Seasoning Mix boxes are shelf stable and can be held for use for up to 730 days.
Zatarain's Red Bean Seasoning Mix is a premium blend of flavorful spices that makes the perfect, traditional New Orleans dish. Specially made for chefs to inspire extraordinary menus and deliver consistent recipes. Add to your red beans, sausage, and rice for a delicious dish.
Zatarain's® Red Bean Seasoning Mix gives traditional red beans superior flavor:
ONION, ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (WHEAT & MALT BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SALT, RED AND GREEN BELL PEPPER, WHEAT FLOUR, SPICES (INCLUDING RED PEPPER, PAPRIKA), GARLIC, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE (FLAVOR ENHANCER), SOYBEAN OIL, DEXTROSE, TORULA YEAST, YEAST EXTRACT, SOY SAUCE (HYDROLYZED SOY PROTEIN, CORN SYRUP SOLIDS, SALT), AND NATURAL HICKORY SMOKE FLAVOR.
|Item Code||Package Size||Servings Per Container|
|Z09625||6/1 LB BOX||65|