Calling all cauliflower lovers! We’re taking this food trend to sizzling new flavor levels with a feature recipe from Miami, Florida’s Chef Cesar Zapata. Cut, trimmed and seasoned with an olive oiled mix of minced garlic, McCormick® Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning and McCormick Culinary® Red Pepper Crushed, this grilled cauliflower dish is sure to make BBQ lovers enjoy this year’s hottest veggie even more. Garnish and serve with fresh herbs and a lemon wedge for that extra summer touch.
For the Smokehouse Maple Grilled Cauliflower Steaks:
- Remove and discard the leaves from each cauliflower head, then trim the stem so that the cauliflower can lay flat on cutting board, leaving the core intact.
- Cut each cauliflower into thick “steaks” about ¾ inches thick. Reserve any loose florets to cook with the steaks. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, minced garlic, McCormick® Grill Mates® Smokehouse Maple Seasoning remaining ingredients. Season with McCormick Culinary® Sea Salt, Mediterranean Fine Grind and McCormick Culinary® Black Pepper, Ground.
- Heat a grill to medium heat. Brush one side of each cauliflower steak with the olive oil mixture and place the brushed side down on a grill. Brush the top sides with the olive oil mixture and cook until tender and charred in spots, about 5 minutes per side.
- Toss extra florets in olive oil mixture and grill, turning often until charred and tender.
For the Paprika Cream:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well until incorporated.
- Place Smokehouse Maple Grilled Cauliflower Steaks atop Paprika Cream and garnish with fresh herbs and a lemon wedge.
This appetizer also makes a great side dish to your selection fish, chicken, pork and beef dishes.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Contemporary American