First smoked then finished "sous vide," our tender and juicy, super delicious smoky beef brisket is the ultimate "low and slow" in BBQ. We then take our brisket and pile it high on an onion bun, topped with our outrageous Apple Fennel Slaw and then sauce our succulent sandwich with our signature Smoky Mole Style Beef BBQ Sauce.
For the Smoked Beef Brisket:
- Set smoker to 160 ͦF with hickory or a mixture of hickory and fruit wood.
- Split brisket in half with the grain, Trim triangular points from the outsides and the ends. These trimmings should also be smoked for burnt ends. the 5 1/2 pound brisket will trim to two pieces totaling about 4 pounds and about 1 1/4 pounds of trimmings for burnt ends.
- Combine Lawry's and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Rub all meat with seasoning.
- Smoke meat for 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer pieces to heavy duty plastic bags. Remove all excess air and seal bags.
- Submerge bags in a circulator (Sous Vide) set at 145 ͦF and cook for 30 hours.
- Remove and hold hot for service.
- Slice each of the 2 larger pieces into 1/2 inch pieces weighing about 1 1/2 ounces each.
For the Assembly:
- Warm buns and cover the bottom of the buns with 1/3 cup slaw each RECIPE >>
- Top slaw with 4 slices (6 ounces) of brisket.
- Top brisket with 3 tablespoons each of sauce RECIPE >>
- Cover with top bun and serve.
If sous vide equipment is unavailable, use a traditional smoking method of 190F for 10-12 hours until brisket reaches at least 185F.
This recipe yields 6 sandwich servings of 6 ounces of brisket each.
- Recipe type: Burgers Tacos and Sandwiches
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 35 hours 30 minutes: prep = 30 minutes & cook = 35 hours
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 950
- Sodium: 1630 mg
- Carbohydrates: 52 g
- Protein: 73 g