Sautéed shrimp seasoned with Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, served on a bed of cheesy scallion grits.
Cheesy Scallion Grits
- Set oven to 300°. In a rondeau over medium heat add milk and water and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, slowly whisk in grits. Cook, stirring until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, cover and bake until creamy, roughly 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and fold in cheddar cheese, scallions, salt and black pepper. Hold hot for service.
- For each serving, in saute pan over medium high heat add 1 ounce bacon lardons. Cook until majority of fat has rendered out.
- Add 4 ounces of shrimp seasoned with 1 teaspoon of Bayou Cajun Seasoning. Sear in bacon fat until cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Deglaze with 1 tablespoon of Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, scraping the pan to release drippings. Add 1 tablespoon cream and simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and finish with 1/2 tablespoon butter.
- Plate 1 1/2 cups of cheese grits and top with seared shrimp. Drizzle with extra RedHot® sauce and 1 teaspoon scallions. Serve hot.
Substitute Frank's RedHot® XTRA Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce for an extra hot version of this recipe.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America