Shrimp served on a bed of cheesy scallion grits with Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce to top it all off.
- In a medium saucepot bring milk, water and salt to a boil.
- Whisk in grits and cook according to package instructions, stirring constantly.
- Fold in cheddar cheese, scallions and black pepper.
Shrimp & Sauce
- Fry 5 slices of bacon in a medium sauce pan until crispy and remove from pan. Finely chop and set aside. Reserve half the fat in the pan.
- Season the shrimp with Bayou Cajun seasoning.
- Sear in the reserved bacon fat.
- Thinly slice 1 Tbsp of Scallions. Set aside
- Remove when thoroughly cooked, then deglaze with Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, scraping the pan to release drippings.
- Mount in butter and cream, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve shrimp on a bed of grits, spoon sauce over the shrimp and garnish with bacon crumbles and scallions.
Drizzle with extra Frank's RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce for an extra kick
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: America