Light and refreshing, these seared tuna wraps are full of subtle sweet and spicy flavors, tastefully complimented by the fresh and fruity Asian Honey Seafood Glaze that highlights the crispy, bold crust on the seared tuna.
For the Seared Tuna:
- Season all four sides of each piece of tuna with 1 1/2 teaspoon of Lawry's.
- Combine canola and sesame oil and heat on high temperature in a heavy sauté pan. Sear the tuna on all four sides for just 10 to 15 seconds each leaving tuna rare.
- Slice each piece into 6 each slices of about 1/3" each.
For the slaw:
- Combine Sweet Chili Sauce with cilantro, basil, and lemon juice.
- Toss cabbage and scallion with above sauce.
For the Assembly:
- For each order, fill 2 lettuce cups with 3 tablespoons each of slaw.
- Top each with 3 slices of tuna.
- Drizzle each lettuce cup with 1/2 teaspoon of Asian Honey Seafood Glaze RECIPE >>
- Garnish each order with 1/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, a lemon wedge and sprig of cilantro.
This recipe yields 4 servings of 3 lettuce wraps each.
Tip for the slaw: combine the dressing and shaved cabbage as close to service as possible.
Alternative recipe idea: serve this as a poke dish in the lettuce cups simply by dicing the tuna in 3/8 inch cubes, then tossing it in the Asian Honey Seafood Glaze and garnish with toasted sesame seeds that are tossed in Lawry's Asian Ginger, Garlic and Chili Rub.
- Recipe type: Salads Lettuce Wraps and Side Salads
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 22-23 minutes
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 120
- Sodium: 160 mg
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 19 g