- Set grill up for direct, high heat.
- While the grill is heating up, place fresh scallops on paper towels and pat dry. Insert 2 skewers into each scallop. This will help make it easier to turn the scallops on the hot grill. Once they are skewered, season each side of the scallop with seafood seasoning.
- Once the grill is ready, oil the grates with some canola oil as scallops can stick easily. Place the scallop skewers on the hot grates and close the lid. For additional flavor, toss a few lemon wedges onto the grill as well. Do not touch the scallops for 4 minutes. Make sure that the flames are not reaching the meat of the scallop. After 4 minutes, flip the scallops and baste with some barbecue sauce. Let them go for another 3 to 4 minutes.
For the sauce:
- Whisk the barbecue sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, and salt together in a medium bowl until combined. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in oil until emulsified. Serve as a dipping sauce for the scallops.
Grill lemons for garnish, and use salad greens to put under the scallops.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: US Pacific Northwest
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 360
- Sodium: 780 mg
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 7 g