Need a new appetizer, but feeling in a pinch to get it on your summer menu in time? Pick San Diego Chef Mikel Anthony’s savory crab lollipops this year! Made from a deep-fried puree of shrimp, soy sauce, egg and cooking cream, these pops are covered in a Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk and Red Curry Paste sauce, perfect for any sunny day or sunset dinner.
For the Crab Lollipops:
- Puree shrimp, soy sauce, egg and cooking cream in bullet or robot coupe.
- Form ball around claw and dip into bread crumbs to coat.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
For the Red Curry Coconut Sauce:
- Heat Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk until scolding hot.
- Whisk in Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste.
- Set aside and reserve for use.
For Plating & Serving:
- On a plate spread the sauce and top with crab lollipops.
These crab lollipops would serve well on a buffet, family style or as passed hors d'oeuvres.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: American Regional