- In a bowl, combine water, yeast and sugar. Mix to combine and let sit in a warm place until frothy.
- In a mixing bowl with dough hook attachment combine flour, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1/2 cup of olive oil, and yeast mixture. Mix on low speed until dough comes together. Increase to medium speed and knead 5 to 6 minutes more adding flour if dough is too sticky. Remove and knead on tabletop until smooth. Place dough into a bowl and cover well with foodservice film. Allow to rise in the refrigerator overnight.
- Coat a 1/2 sheet pan with the remaining olive oil. Press dough into oil until it fills the pan. Allow to rise until doubled. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- In a small bowl combine remaining sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground jalapeno pepper, and lime zest. Sprinkle over focaccia and bake for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool. (Note: this focaccia recipe makes 8 servings.)
- In a food processor, combine 3 halves of avocado (peeled and pitted), lime juice, sea salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground jalapeño pepper. Puree until smooth. Coarsely mash the last half of avocado in a bowl. Add the puree and mix well to combine. Spread on pieces of focaccia, dust with pepper or ground jalapeño and serve.
Note: this recipe for focaccia makes 8 servings.
Use the extra jalapeno focaccia in your bread baskets, make a sandwich or "by the slice" pizza special with the focaccia or as an accompaniment to your soups or salads.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 570
- Sodium: 1770 mg
- Carbohydrates: 66 g
- Protein: 9 g