Placed and processed with chicken, onion, kosher salt, cardamom and Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning plus a teaspoon of McCormick Culinary® Black Pepper, this original bulgur mix makes for a kibble kebab recipe you'll want to remake again and again. Hand-form the mix around your selected skewers and cook until lightly browned, adding Chef Culinary Instructor Chris McDonald's custom butternut squash chutney as a garnish of mustard seed-induced goodness.
For the Kibbe Kebabs:
- Drain bulgur well. Place bulgur with onion, Montreal Chicken Seasoning, Black Pepper (½ teaspoon), kosher salt (½ teaspoon) and cardamom in food processor and pulse, scraping down the side of bowl periodically until the onion disappears into the bulgur mix.
- Add chicken and oil to processor until well-combined for about 1 minute. Add parsley and pulse to combine. Place mixture in a covered container and chill thoroughly overnight. Divide mixture into 8 portions.
- Drain skewers and moisten hands. Form mixture evenly around the top half of each skewer. Preheat grill to medium. Cook skewers until firm and lightly browned (6-8 minutes).
For the Butternut Squash Chutney:
- In a small dry skillet over medium-high heat toast Mustard Seeds until they darken slightly (3-4 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix kosher salt (2 teaspoon) and Black Pepper (1 teaspoon) into flour until well incorporated. Toss squash in flour mixture until well coated.
- Meanwhile, bring vinegar, water and brown sugar to a boil to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat grapeseed oil over medium-high heat until hot (about 375-400˚F). Place squash in a sieve and shake away excess flour and discard. Fry squash in two batches until they start to soften (4-5 minutes). Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place squash in a medium bowl. Pour over vinegar mixture and add McCormick Culinary Mustard Seed (2 tablespoon) and mint.
- Stir to combine and allow squash to absorb and cool for 15-20 minutes. Drain. Add additional salt to taste, if necessary.
- Serve skewers warm, garnished with squash chutney.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern