Made in the sunny state of San Diego, this seafood appetizer is guaranteed to make diners swim to your restaurant in waves! Plated with a broth side made from shaved and blended lobster shells, this poached lobster feature is served on a bed of OLD BAY®-seasoned, buttered asparagus.
For the Lobster:
- Poach lobster for 2-3 minutes in acidic water.
- Remove to ice bath.
- Pull meat from shells and save shells for lobster broth. (Recipe follows.)
For the Lobster Broth:
- Blend lobster shells in blender with other ingredients.
- Strain through cheese cloth and chinois.
For the Asparagus:
- Put 1 cup of water in pan and heat on low, slowly stirring in butter to emulsify.
- Place spears in water and cook until tender.
- Halfway through add OLD BAY® Seasoning.
- Remove asparagus and poach lobster basting until done.
For the Plating, Garnish & Serving:
- On a plate, place asparagus decoratively and top with lobster and a side of lobster broth.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America