Who’s thirsty? Straight outta Harlem’s Vinateria, from Bar Manager Ashley Lugo Brown, comes a beverage recipe infused with spring produce and summer inspiration. Flavor-heightened by the savory taste of McCormick Culinary Basil, Mediterranean Fine Grind Sea Salt and Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce, this concoction is a refreshing mix, mash ‘n’ garnish of tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers and Cornichon. It’s like a spicy veggie garden in a glass!
For the Morissa Gazpacho:
- In a blender, combine tomatoes, cucumber, green peppers, garlic, apple cider vinegar, EVOO, McCormick Culinary Mediterranean Fine Grind Sea Salt, Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce and McCormick Culinary Basil.
- Put contents through a large fine mesh strainer to separate the impurities.
- Set aside and let chill for 20-30 minutes.
For the Garnish:
- Skewer a cherry tomato, pitted black olive and cornichon.
- Roll one side of the cold glass in McCormick culinary Mediterranean Fine Grind Sea Salt.
- Once gazpacho is chilled, fill each glass with ice.
- Add 1.5 oz of Macchu Pisco to every 8 oz of gazpacho.
- Top with garnish and sprinkle the crushed McCormick Culinary Black Pepper over the top.
Gazpacho can be stored for 2-3 days in refrigerator for maximum freshness.
This recipe makes 4-6 servings.
- Recipe type: Beverages
- Cuisine: Contemporary American