Crisp, savory vegetable pancakes are light enough to be served as an appetizer or side yet satisfying when enjoyed as an entrée. Topped with a flaxseed spiced Greek yogurt, this flavorful dish is sure to get anyone to eat their veggies.
For the yogurt sauce:
- Mix yogurt, milk, goat cheese, 1 teaspoon of the flaxseed blend and 1/8 teaspoon of the sea salt in small bowl until smooth. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the main recipe:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrots and celery; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Refrigerate vegetable mixture until chilled.
- Beat eggs, bread crumbs, remaining 1 tablespoon flaxseed blend, 1 teaspoon sea salt, and pepper in medium bowl until well blended. Add zucchini and vegetable mixture; mix well. Refrigerate 5 minutes to allow mixture to firm up. Shape into 10 patties (about 2" in diameter and 1/4" thick), using about 1/4 cup mixture for each patty.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same skillet on medium-high heat. Add half of the patties; cook 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining patties. Serve vegetable pancakes with yogurt sauce.
Flaxseed, or linseed, comes from the flax plant, which is an annual herb. The seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, and are commonly added to baked goods, smoothies, breakfast cereals and energy bars. You can find them in the organic section of grocery stores and at health food and online specialty stores. Oven Directions: Bake patties on a baking sheet in preheated 375°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 210 cal
- Sodium: 630 mg
- Carbohydrates: 17 g
- Protein: 9 g