In this creative twist on the classic snickerdoodle, cinnamon-spiced cookie dough forms the base for one-bite treats filled with espresso spiked caramel and topped with coconut milk whipped cream.
For the crusts:
- Mix flour, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, cream of tartar, and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside. Beat 3/4 cup sugar and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Spray mini muffin pans with non-stick cooking spray. Press 2 teaspoons of the cookie dough firmly into bottom of each cup. Bake in preheated 350ºF oven 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire rack 1 minute. While still warm, use measuring teaspoon to create a well in the middle of each cookie crust. Cool completely.
For the filling:
- Microwave 1/4 cup coconut milk in medium microwavable bowl on HIGH 30 seconds or until boiling. Stir in espresso powder. Add caramels and salt. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until caramels are melted, stirring after 30 seconds. Carefully stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Cool slightly. Pour or pipe into wells in each cookie crust. Cool completely.
For the whipped cream:
- Mix 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl. Set aside. Beat cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until medium peaks form. Gradually pour in coconut milk mixture, beating until stiff peaks form. Garnish desserts with whipped cream and toffee crunch pieces.
- Recipe type: Desserts
- Cuisine: America
- Prep time: 30 minutes/ 1 hour refrigeration
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 285 cal
- Sodium: 205 mg
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Protein: 3 g