Seafood and tacos unite in this versatile recipe, ready for serving as an app or entrée! Created by La Mar Chef Victor Hugo Raya, serving is simple but the flavor combinations are off the charts. A perfect mix of fine herbs, garlic powder, ground black pepper, onion pepper and paprika, top your hot tortillas with shredded cabbage, carrots, shrimp and a lime wedge for a swimmingly delicious dinner service.
For the Breaded Shrimp Tacos:
- In a bowl, beat thoroughly the eggs, milk, onion, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels, and dip them into the eggs mix. Leave them to marinate for 30 minutes.
- On a shallow plate, mix bread crumbs and fine herbs together. Take shrimp and dredge. Transfer shrimp to a clean baking sheet, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Pour enough oil into the pan to reach a depth of at least ½ inches. Heat the oil over medium-high heat to 360°F. Carefully add the coated shrimp in a single layer. Fry for about 2 minutes or until the first side is a deep golden brown. Turn the shrimp over and cook an additional minute, or until the second side is golden brown too.
- Heat up the tortillas on a flat pan, flipping over until they are very hot but still soft, place them on a tortillero or wrap them in a cloth to keep them warm and soft.
For the Paprika Lime Mayo Sauce:
- Prepare the sauce by vigorously mixing mayonnaise, Hungarian paprika, lime juice, and zest. Set aside in the fridge.
- Immediately assemble tacos by putting shredded cabbage and carrots on top of hot tortillas, top with 3 shrimps, Hungarian paprika sauce to taste and a lime wedge.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Mexican