So. Clucking. Good. Leave a hole in our menu for the addition of Chef Emily Chapman's "Mole" Style Pulled Chicken. Coated in oil plus McCormick Culinary Coriander Seeds and Cumin Seeds, everyone in town will be crossing the road for this delicious chicken filler. Serve in taco shells, slider buns or with your feature slaw!
For the Pulled Chicken
- Coat chicken in spices and oil, roast on low heat (around 325F) until about 75% of the way cooked and is still slightly pink in the middle.
- Drain remaining juices from the chicken pan and reserve.
For the Sauce
- On high heat roast the onions, garlic, chilies until they gain color.
- Add coriander, cumin, and sunflower seeds until aromatic and slightly toasted
- Add pureed tomato. Allow tomato to partially reduce over high heat and begin to caramelize. Deglaze with vinegar.
- Add onion, garlic and spice mixture to a pot. Add the residual chicken drippings with chocolate and dried fruit (currants or raisins). If not covered, add water until just covered. Bring up to a simmer.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Pour sauce over the partially cooked chicken, and continue to cook in a low oven (250F/300F) until completely braised. Pull chicken and allow to absorb sauce.
- Serve in taco shells, slider buns, or with your favorite slaw!
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Latin American