A hearty variety of seafood and peppers plays off classic dirty rice seasoning to make a dish that reflects the bounty and bright flavors of Louisiana cuisine.
- Melt butter in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add bell peppers, cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender. Add water; bring to a simmer. Add rice and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, scallops and tilapia. Cook 6 more minutes until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender. Add green onions and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with parsley and let stand five minutes, then serve warm.
- Recipe type: Entrees
- Cuisine: Cajun and Creole
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 650
- Sodium: 1580 mg
- Carbohydrates: 112 g
- Protein: 30 g