Get diner's tastebuds dancing with this new seafood entree from Seattle's own Chef shota Nakajima. Spiced to perfection with the beloved taste of OLD BAY seasoning and topped with house-made curry sauce, this shrimp feat will leap straight off any spring menu and onto the plates of multiple tables per night!
For the Curry Sauce:
- Combine all of the ingredients except potato starch and sesame oil and slowly simmer down until 20%, to fully infuse the flavor.
- Add potato starch and bring to a boil, then add the sesame oil.
- Reserve for later use.
For the Shrimp:
- Fry the shrimp at 375F for 40-60 seconds.
- Fry the lotus root at 375F for 1 minute.
- Fry the snap peas for 20 seconds or until cooked.
- Combine the shrimp, lotus root and snap peas and toss in OLD BAY seasoning.
- Plate the shrimp, lotus root and snap peas and top with curry sauce.
- Garnish with micro greens.
Batter the shrimp and add coconut for a quick coconut shrimp appetizer or top your house salad with shrimp for an instant starter.