Make waves with this rainbow trout recipe reeled in from Toronto Food Writer, Amy Rosen, Author of the best-selling Toronto Cooks in Toronto, Ontario. Dressed in a delicious blend of salt, pepper, Dijon, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and McCormick Culinary Ground Cinnamon, palates will be swimming in the taste of this fillet of trout topping a savory sorghum mixture.
For the Sorghum:
- Rinse sorghum and pick through. Add sorghum to 3 cups of water in a pot and bring to a boil. Lower and simmer, cover tightly and cook for 50-60 minutes until tender. Drain excess liquid.
For the Salad and the Dressing:
- While sorghum is cooking, prepare fruit, vegetables and vinaigrette then toss together in a bowl so the dressing stops the apples from browning.
- When sorghum is cooked, add fruit, vegetables, nuts and dressing mixture into slightly cooled pot and gently stir to combine. Taste for seasoning.
For the Rainbow Trout:
- Pat fish dry and generously season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Heat butter in a large, non-stick pan and cook fish, skin side down for 3 minutes on medium heat without touching it.
- Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more or until cooked through.
- Half-fill a bowl with the sorghum mixture. Top with filet of trout.
- Recipe type: Salads
- Cuisine: Canadian