Sweet agave and smoky paprika pair well in this grilled fruit salsa. Serve with taro or tortilla chips. Or serve as accompaniment to grilled chicken, pork or seafood.
This recipe makes 12-1/4 cup servings.
- Cut 1/2-inch thick slice from flat sides of each mango. Score the flesh in a crisscross pattern, without cutting through the skin. (Reserve remaining mango for another use.)
- Grill mango, cut-side down, and pineapple over medium heat of well-greased grill 2 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning pineapple once. Cool until able to handle. Push mango from skin side to pop the flesh up. Cut both mango and pineapple into bite-size pieces.
- Mix grilled fruit, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, agave nectar, tequila and smoked paprika in medium bowl until well blended.
Makes a great "chips and dip" on your appetizer menu.
- Recipe type: Sauces Condiments and Spreads
- Cuisine: Mexican
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 50
- Sodium: 2 mg
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 1 g