This classic side dish evokes aromatic spices to warm and comfort as the days shorten and the seasons' change.
- Place cabbage in a bowl. Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon of salt; mix well and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a wide pot or rondeau, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and fry until just browning.
- Add the cabbage and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the apple cider, apple cider vinegar, caraway seeds, cinnamon sticks & vanilla.
- Bring to a simmer and let cook until reduced by half.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: North American