Grill Mates® Mojito Lime Seasoning adds a tangy twist to the classic beans and rice.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepot over medium heat. Add the onions and jalapenos, and sweat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add rice and sauté for a few seconds to make sure the rice is evenly coated with oil. Add beans and water, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 5 minutes. Stir in butter, seasoning, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve immediately or hot hold for service.
This rice side dish an excellent accompaniment to any grilled protein.
- Recipe type: Sides
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 260 cal
- Sodium: 520 mg
- Carbohydrates: 43 g
- Protein: 7 g