If your menu has a fajita or quesadilla on it's menu, it's time to liven it up with our chipotle chicken fajita quesadilla that has the perfect touch of sweet, smoky and meaty flavors with moderate heat from our pure ground chipotle chile peppers!
- In a skillet on medium-high heat, sear chicken breast. Reduce heat and add onions, cook until translucent. Add stock and fajita marinade & seasoning, cover and simmer until chicken just begins to pull apart, with an internal temperature of 185ºF. Strain contents and reserve liquid.
- Pull chicken with onions. Mix in crushed chipotle pepper, queso fresco, lime juice, lime zest, and bell peppers. Moisten with some of the reserved liquid, if desired.
- Preheat and grease flat grill to 350ºF. Place tortillas on grill. Distribute cheese evenly and top with an even amount of chicken mixture.
- When cheese is melted, fold in half and cut in quarters. Serve with lettuce and tomato.
This dish is a great addition to your appetizer, tapas or sampler menu!
Try it on your lunch or late-night menus!
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: America
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 580
- Sodium: 1500 mg
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 43 g