Green harissa, spicy with herbal notes, a brininess from green olives and hints of cardamom and cinnamon are used as a sauce on crispy fried wings. This recipe features our new Global Blends Moroccan Seasoning.
Green Harissa Sauce/Dip
- In a blender combine olive oil, parsley, cilantro, green olives, lemon juice, scallions, Moroccan Seasoning, jalapenos, garlic, and salt. Blend well. Reserve half of sauce for service.
- Combine remaining half of sauce with Greek yogurt to make dip. Cover and refrigerate until service.
- Steam chicken wings until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Cool completely, cover, and hold refrigerated for service.
- Set fryer to 375°F. For each serving, toss 1 pound of wings with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch until well coated. Fry until golden brown.
- Drain wings and place in a bowl. Toss with 1/3 cup reserved Green Harissa Sauce.
- Serve wings hot with Green Harissa Dip.
Green Harissa Dip can also be used as dips for crudité platters or served with flatbread.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Moroccan