Packed full of flavor our turkey albondiga sliders are the perfect balance of taste and heat.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a saute pan and cook mushrooms until nicely browned, approximately 6-8 minutes. Remove mushrooms from pan. Add 8 teaspoons onions and cook until lightly caramelized, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Combine mushrooms, onions and 4 teaspoons of poblano peppers in a food processor and pulse until mixture is finely minced. Allow mixture to completely cool in the refrigerator.
- Combined cooled vegetable mixture with turkey, 1 1/2 teaspoons of Perfect Pinch Zesty Pepper Blend, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, Panko breadcrumbs and egg. Mix well to evenly combine.
- Using a #30 scoop, scoop out 4 meatballs and round by hand. Place meatballs on 1/2 sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Cook meatballs at 350F in a convection oven for approximately 15 minutes or until an internal temperature of 155F is reached. Remove from oven.
- To prepare the sauce: heat remaining oil in small (1 quart) sauce pan over medium heat. Add remaining onions and poblanos and sweat until just soft. Add remaining Perfect Pinch Zesty Pepper Blend, McCormick Crushed Chipotle Pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring sauce to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer for 15 minutes, reducing by about 25%.
- Place cooked meatballs in 2" 1/3rd hotel pan and cover with sauce. Cook at 350F for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve meatballs and sauce on slider buns with a teaspoon of slicked, pickled jalapenos.
Looking for a new burger menu item?! Look no further; our sliders make great "entree" sized burgers too!
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Cuisine: Southern American
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 220
- Sodium: 450mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Protein: 14g