This vegetarian twist on the classic Peruvian seafood dish has all the flavors of traditional leche de tigre tossed with sweet potatoes, jicama, hominy, and avocado.
Leche de Tigre
- Add lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice, lemon juice, cashews, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, scallions, Peruvian Seasoning, and black pepper to the pitcher of a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Transfer to container, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add sweet potatoes. Blanch until fork tender. Drain and place in an ice bath to shock. Remove once cooled.
- Place cooked sweet potatoes, hominy, jicama, and red onion in a bowl. Add leche de tigre and toss until all ingredients are evenly distributed and well coated. Cover and refrigerate for minimally 30 minutes to allow flavors to marinate. Hold refrigerated until service.
- For service, portion 1 cup of prepared ceviche into a bowl. Add 1/4 cup diced avocado and toss until evenly distributed.
- Plate on desired dish and garnish with 1/2 tablespoon of cilantro.
Try switching up the vegetables used in this ceviche with things such as purple potatoes, tomatoes, or cucumbers.
- Recipe type: Appetizers
- Prep time: 5