Unexpected combinations of toppings take your traditional focaccia to a whole different level!
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Allow to sit for 15 minutes, until frothy.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, 1 Tablespoon salt, 1/2 cup of olive oil and yeast mixture. Mix on low until dough has formed, then increase to medium speed and knead for 5-6 minutes until the dough is a soft, smooth ball. (Note: if dough is very sticky, add a bit more flour.)
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size again.
- Add remaining oil to a half sheet tray. Place dough on the tray and turn it over so it is covered in oil.
- Using finger tips, press the dough out across the pan leaving little dimples, traditional in focaccia.
- Sprinkle with grapes, fennel seed and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Placce dough in a warm place until it has doubled in size again.
- Bake in a (preheated) 425F oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool prior to cutting.
- (Note: this recipe makes 12 servings)
Play around with focaccia flavors by switching up the spices and replacing the grapes with different toppings to create new and exciting flavors! This is a great basic focaccia dough without the fennel seeds and grapes that can easily be transformed to a new and exciting flavor profile.
- Recipe type: Breads
- Cuisine: European
- Prep time: 25 minutes active/1 hour 45 minutes inactive
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 260
- Sodium: 640mg
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 5g