A great brunch item this individual breakfast casserole packs a smoky chili punch with Cholula® Chipotle Hot Sauce.
- Spray cassolette dishes with non-stick cooking spray, equal to the number of servings being made.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, milk, Cholula, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Hold refrigerated for service.
- In a sauté pan over medium cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, leaving fat. Cool and chop bacon. Set aside.
- Add onions and bell peppers to pan with bacon fat. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat and cool.
- In each prepared dish, place 1/4 cup bacon, 1/4 cup onion pepper mix, 1/2 cup potatoes, and 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and hold refrigerated until service.
- Set oven to 350°F. Top one prepared cassolette with 3 ounces of custard. Bake until custard is set, about 20 minutes. Garnish with 1 tablespoon scallions and serve hot.
This cassolette can also be prepared using one large dish, perfect for buffet service.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch