A truly unique take on toast, our sweet potato toast with cinnamon yogurt and fresh berries bring the nutrient values to the trendy land of toast. Sweet potato toast could be taken any number of ways, but this sweet treat feels indulgent without all of the empty calories. Bon appetit!
For the Sweet Potato Toasts:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove ends from sweet potatoes. Slice in 1/4" planks lengthwise. (Each potato should yield 4 slices.)
- Place on a foil lined sheet tray, brush with butter and sprinkle with half of the Chipotle Cinnamon Rub. Flip planks over and repeat with remaining butter and rub.
- Bake until sweet potatoes begin to brown and soften, about 10 minutes.
For the Cinnamon Yogurt:
- In a medium bowl combine yogurt, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon until well blended. (While the potatoes are baking.)
For the Mixed Berry Garnish, Plating & Serving:
- Rinse and pat dry the mixed berries. Slice the strawberries and halve the blackberries. Hold to garnish.
- Once sweet potatoes are done, plate 2 slices per serving.
- Top with yogurt mixture and fruit as desired. Serve warm.
This recipe can be made ahead and all components held separate and appropriately until service, then simply reheat the sweet potato toasts, garnish and serve warm.
- Recipe type: Breakfast and Brunch
- Cuisine: Californian
- NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving)
- Calories: 250
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Carbohydrates: 40 g
- Protein: 9 g